Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization.
Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories.
Current Job Openings
Conversion / Fork Lift Crew
In this position you are a member of the conversion/changeover crew. Duties required converting the facility from hockey mode, to concert or banquet mode (and back). Any event-oriented preparation/setup required for shows or sporting events to run safely and efficiently, other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for working as part of a team to convert and prepare the arena for events. This includes installing ice covering, staging, risers, and basketball courts.
- Physical work/heavy lifting is common and required
- Assist with daily maintenance and upkeep of the building's equipment such as dasher boards, risers, ice covering, dressing room furniture, and other miscellaneous equipment
- Forklift positions also available
Most changeovers take place overnight between 9p-6am. Workdays are event based and hours vary depending on nature of event.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Related experience desired
- Physically demanding
- Knowledge of staging and production equipment desired
- Available to work flexible hours preferred, including daytime, evenings and overnights (mostly overnights)
- Must wear Safety Footwear
For more information or to apply call 816-442-6118 or 816-204-7303. You may also email Aaron.Dunnam@spectraxp.com.
To oversee the kitchen’s daily activities in accordance with Spectra Food Service & Hospitality and Cable Dahmer Arena policies and objectives to ensure guest satisfaction, profitability, and a positive, productive and compliant work environment. This position is responsible for effective management and operation of the kitchen including event planning support, ordering product & inventory control, food preparation and production, food cost control, compliance with food safety and sanitation policies, cleaning, kitchen safety & any other tasks assigned by the General Manager. This roll requires the employee maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable, event-driven schedule including evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills and self-direction required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to…):
● Knowledge of culinary preparation skills & food presentation
● Responsible for ensuring that budgeted food percentages are achieved through effective control measures including portion controls, kitchen timings, food inventory rotation measures, receiving & food storage procedures, inventory controls, effective purchasing procedures & waste control
● Receiving & confirming event orders & communicating with clients in a professional manner
● Work within POS system to input orders & build recipes for menu items
● Responsible for the development of menus that align with budgeted food percentages
● Assists with monthly inventory
● Responsible for providing high quality, fresh food products in a timely manner for delivery to guests.
● Prepares hot and cold foods following company recipes and portioning requirements.
● Coordinates the storage, maintenance & repair of all kitchen equipment to ensure operational readiness
● Maintains state, local & company sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas
● Responsible for observing, temping and testing foods to ensure proper cooking
● Conducts regular inspections of all locations to assure cleanliness and maintenance meet company standards
● Responsible for fulfilling kitchen record keeping & administrative requirements including food inventories & invoices
● Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance
● Additional duties as assigned to support effective and productive operation of the Arena
● High school degree or equivalent preferred
● Two or more years’ kitchen management experience
● Associates degree in Culinary education helpful
● Advanced training in a fast-paced, professional kitchen, restaurant or similar environment.
● Able to operate standard kitchen equipment to including the broiler, steamer, convection oven, mixer, meat slicer and chef knife
● Ability to recognize problems & to creatively & expeditiously find solutions; using initiative & making decisions
● Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment
● Basic ability to operate a PC in a Window platform including Outlook e-mail
Page 2 of 2
● Ability to be self-directed while working in a team oriented environment
● Ability to work a varied, event-driven schedule including frequent nights and weekends.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task and prioritize work under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards or directions including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Position requires frequent use of interpersonal, communication skill with co-workers and management staff. Position requires constant ability to work on a task independently and frequently work as a part of a team or lead a small team in a variety of tasks. Ability to learn proper sanitation and cleaning techniques. Ability to use a computer for email and other company correspondence, as well as use basic office equipment such as a printer, calculator, phone, cell phone, email correspondence and text as required. Position requires constant verbal use of the English language; frequent use of the English language for reading; and occasional use of the English language for writing / typing.
While performing duties of the job, the employee will constantly be required to grasp, fingering manipulation of product,
feel and lift. Employee will frequently push/pull large carts or hot boxes of product. Employee may climb, stoop, kneel to
reach product. Exposure to a loud environment including loud food production machinery. Exposure to hot dishes and
sharp objects. Exposure to wet floors. Employees will be required to lift up to 50 pounds, and push/pull 150 pounds. Vision
requires ability to constantly adjust focus, peripheral vision and close vision to stock product and operate equipment. Ability
to frequently hear communication of others is a loud food production environment.
The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud depending on daily work load of catered events, especially when kitchen equipment is in operation. Job requires extensive and continuous standing and walking on concrete floors. Exposure to warm temperatures around equipment and a crowded workspace.
This job description is subject to change.
Spectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-Free Workplace.